Friday, August 26, 2016

I will no longer waste my time and energy voting for my next master


One of my favorite blog sites is the Bionic Mosquito. The owner explains the name of the blog thusly:

Why bionic mosquito?: Some talking head on CNBC, when referring to Ron Paul, called him a “mosquito.” My reaction – if he is a “mosquito”, he is a pretty powerful one. Hence the name….If there is one day a resurgence of freedom and liberty in the West, history will record that Ron Paul was the one individual most responsible for sparking the movement.


In one of his latest blogs he discusses how some folks will vote for Trump out of pragmatism, while others will vote for some third party ticket or not vote at all out of principle.
http://bionicmosquito.blogspot.com/2016/08/vote-trump.html )

In his conclusion he states:

I do not plan to vote for any candidate. Yet I do not fault those . . . who call for supporting the lesser of two evils when it comes to slave-master (to use his terminology).

I am in substantial agreement with the Mosquito, but I suppose I would go yet a step farther. I have come to the point that I will not vote because I DO NOT CONSENT to the system and casting my vote implies consent. By my participation I would also imply my acquiescence to the ultimate outcome. I am  well beyond that also.


I will not vote for Trump. I have no reason to believe that he will be one whit better than Hillary on practically any issue. But even if he presented himself as an ideal candidate, I would not vote for him. I will no longer waste my time and energy voting for my next master . . . and that is what the Amerikan Presidency has been for far too many years now.

I will rather do what I can to educate and encourage my fellow liberty loving Southerners that we might prepare ourselves for another way – the way of small, local, accountable government rather than that of the large, distant, unaccountable and tyrannical state.

So I will continue to encourage folks to forgo voting, for the sake of fortifying their own consciences and breaking their own devotion to the bankrupt empire.


Having said and done all that, I will not condemn anyone who still feels that they must vote for Trump or for one of the other less viable options. I just pray that at some point in the not too distant future they will be awakened from their sheep-like slumber. I pray that finally their delusions concerning the viability of voting will be shattered.

I close with an excellent video from John Whitehead, President of the Rutherford Institute, discussing the futility of voting and presenting some thoughts on more positive alternatives.

John Whitehead: If Voting Made Any Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It


Deo Vindice!

TRUST GOD!

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

NEVER GIVE UP!

NEVER QUIT!

CLICK HERE to view a PDF of our weekly paper.

CLICK HERE to be added to our email list.

No comments:

Post a Comment