Friday, September 2, 2016

Not afraid of the deep government or the shadow government or Hillary or the Donald

If I were to ask you to name the greatest crime of all time, how would you respond?

If we think upon it surely we must answer the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. God became man and during his time on earth His ungrateful, fallen creatures, arrested Him, mercilessly beat Him and crucified Him.

Consider Peter’s sermon on Pentecost: 
Acts 2:22-23  
Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:  (23)  Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

God in the flesh was crucified by “wicked hands.” But also notice that he was delivered by the “determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God.” Though they were in open rebellion against heaven, they could do nothing that God had not already decreed. Consider the testimony of the disciples: 
Acts 4:25-28
Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?  (26)  The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.  (27)  For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,  (28)  For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.


“The heathen” (Romans and other Gentiles) “raged” . . . “the people” (the Jews) “imagined vain things”. They “were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ”.  Nevertheless, they did “whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.” So neither the RNC (Republican National Convention), nor the DNC (Democratic National Convention) have attained to the level of the greatest criminals of all time.

God is working His perfect will in all things, NOT in spite of the wicked, but by them and by their rebellion. The more they rebel against heaven the more the accomplish the will of God.

Consider the testimony of Joseph to his brothers who had sold him into slavery: 
Gen 50:20  
But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive. 

Consider God’s words to Pharaoh who persecuted and attempted to annihilate Israel: 
Exo 9:16  
And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.
Romans 9:15-18  
For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.  (16)  So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.  (17)  For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.  (18)  Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Come what may, regardless of what evil tyrant the Lord may raise up, I know that He is working His perfect will and I know that the worst that the wicked does ultimately praises and glorifies God and accomplishes His will: 
Psa 76:10  
Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: the remainder of wrath shalt thou restrain.
Beyond that, whoever is elected in November, it will work to the good of God’s chosen people. 
Rom 8:28  
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Now, resting in God’s Absolute Sovereignty and in His Absolute Predestination of ALL THINGS, does not mean that I do nothing. Rather I am to obey His revealed will and resist evil, specifically evil governments and evil laws. 
  • The midwives disobeyed Pharaoh
     
  • Daniel disobeyed King Darius
     
  • The Hebrew children disobeyed King Nebuchadnezzar
     
  • Rahab lied to and disobeyed Canaanite authorities
     
  • John the Baptist confronted and disobeyed Herod
     
  • The early disciples disobeyed the Jewish authorities
     
  • The early disciples disobeyed Roman authorities

The Biblical examples of rebellion to tyranny are almost limitless. I haven’t time to detail them with all, but I suspect that most of you are familiar with them from Sunday School, if from no where else.
Ephesians 6:10-18  
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.  (11)  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  (12)  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  (13)  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.  (14)  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;  (15)  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;  (16)  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.  (17)  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:  (18)  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
So I know that whoever ascends to the Amerikan throne is ordained of God. I also know that this does not mean that they are not extremely wicked and the enemies of God and of His people. I know that I ought  not to contribute to putting them in power. I ought not to cast my vote for the “lesser of two evils.”

No, I’ll not do evil that “good may come.”
Rom 3:8  
And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.
I know that God’s decreed will shall be accomplished, but this does not justify me in joining in with wicked hands in their rebellion against heaven. No, not even to support the one who might be in the least rebellion against heaven!

So as I said in my title, I’m not afraid of the deep government or the shadow government or of Hillary or of the Donald.

I rest in my Sovereign Lord. I will stand against evil and tyranny, so long as He gives me breathe. I will not join with the wicked in placing the next Herod or Pharaoh or King Darius on the throne, though I acknowledge that their wicked rule is by His determinate counsel and unto His ultimate glory.


Deo Vindice!

TRUST GOD!

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

NEVER GIVE UP!

NEVER QUIT!

CLICK HERE to view a PDF of our weekly paper.

CLICK HERE to be added to our email list.

No comments:

Post a Comment