Friday, September 9, 2016

How canst thou contend with horses?

Jer 12:5  If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?
[God’s response to Jeremiah after he complained about his circumstances and the opposition he faced]

I believe that those of us in the “Liberty Movement”, whether we call ourselves “Southern Patriots” or “Three Percenters” or “Secessionists” or “Anarcho-Capitialists” or some other appellation will face only increasingly daunting opposition in the months and years to come.

We dare not allow the footmen (the infantry) to weary us . . . for surely the horses (the cavalry / the armor) is on the way.

I believe that we share much in common with Old Testament prophet Jeremiah. He was called to speak God’s truth to the nation of Israel, but there were few willing to hear that truth. In human terms his ministry saw little success. He was hated; he was abused; he was persecuted; he was imprisoned; and attempts were made upon his life. In fact he was declared to be a “traitor” . . . a charge I have had levied upon me more than once, and all because I do not worship the Amerikan empire.

Jeremiah loved his people and he loved the truth. He was compelled by the Spirit of God to warn Israel concerning their departures from truth and the inevitable results that would come of it. Unfortunately, he would live to see his nation decline into heathenism, captivity and subjugation. I believe that we ourselves may experience those same calamities in the not too distant future.


Jeremiah was oft times given to discouragement – after all, there was a reason he was called “the  weeping prophet.” Yet, in spite or all, he was a man with the fire of God within. He believed in his mission and though he often contemplated quitting, he always found himself unable to do so.

I believe that those of us who are truly called to this conflict cannot quit either, though we may often feel like doing so. 
Jeremiah 20:7-9 
O LORD, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived: thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed: I am in derision daily, every one mocketh me.  (8)  For since I spake, I cried out, I cried violence and spoil; because the word of the LORD was made a reproach unto me, and a derision, daily.  (9)  Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.
 
Those of us committed to liberty, and called to advance it, must needs prepare ourselves and steel ourselves for what is to come, for very soon we must contend with the horses.

We may not see success in our day, but we must do our duty. As General Jackson would remind his troops: “Duty is Ours; Consequences are God’s.”


Let us take up the spirit of Jeremiah, of Jackson and of the old Scottish warrior, Sir Andrew Barton, who said:

"Fight on, my men, I am hurt, but I am not slain; I'll lay me down and bleed a while, And then I'll rise and fight again.” 


Deo Vindice!

TRUST GOD!

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

NEVER GIVE UP!

NEVER QUIT!

CLICK HERE to view a PDF of our weekly paper.

CLICK HERE to be added to our email list.

No comments:

Post a Comment