Friday, November 13, 2015

I pray heaven may let me fall with it, while my face is toward the enemy

This week a good friend wrote to me inquiring of exactly what it is we should do in the face of the overwhelming forces of evil that are arrayed against us.

I admit that the prospect of restoring the godly, moral and free South of our Fathers seems to be an almost hopeless endeavor.

Below I share the thoughts of some better men than I.

As we contemplate their thoughts may we be inspired to continue our struggle against the tyrants, if need be, to the bitter end.

These men reflect upon the circumstances that they faced. In many ways their circumstances were very much like our own.


“I should have never surrendered. I should have fought until I was the last man alive”. -- Geronimo


"Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people designed to make of their victory, there would have been no surrender at Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me. Had I foreseen these results of subjugation, I would have preferred to die at Appomattox with my brave men, my sword in this right hand."  – General Robert E. Lee to Governor Stockdale of Texas


“You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.”  – Winston Churchill


“There is one certain means by which I can be sure never to see my country’s ruin: I will die in the last ditch.” – King William III of England (1689-1702)


“I can truthfully say I do not wish to survive the independence of my county.” – Lt. Gen’l. Thomas J. “Stonewall” Jackson, CSA, mortally wounded at the battle of Chancellorsville.


"If this cause that is so dear to my heart is doomed to fail, I pray heaven may let me fall with it, while my face is toward the enemy and my arm battling for that which I know to be right." – Major General Patrick Cleburne, CSA, Killed in Battle of Franklin

Southern Christian men, this is where we are today. Let us wake up and steel ourselves for the battles to come.

We are not assured of victory in this present world, but we are privileged to enter the fray and we do have hope of better things.

1Co 15:53-58 
For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.  (54)  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.  (55)  O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?  (56)  The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.  (57)  But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.  (58)  Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Free Florida First advocates for a Free, Independent, Godly, Prosperous, and Traditionally Southern Florida.


Deo Vindice!

TRUST GOD!

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

NEVER GIVE UP!

NEVER QUIT!

CLICK HERE to view a PDF of our weekly paper, Just for Your Consideration.

CLICK HERE to be added to our email list.

No comments:

Post a Comment